Le 27/10/11 15:09, julien2412 a écrit :

Hi Julien,

> Second point : do you know if there's a doc in progress about Base for
> http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/documentation/ ?

There is/was a Getting Started with Base Guide in English that I started
translating into French. I am about halfway through that translation,
but stalled it when I encountered various problems with Base at the
time, i.e. before people like you, Lionel and Terry started working on
the Base bugs ;-)

I guess now would be a good time to take that up again, if I can
physically find the time to do so.

I know the German user mailing list is busy with preparing a German
translation of the English Base user guide, but they have had to
adapt/change quite a few bits because of the problems they encountered
when using Base and when following the initial English getting started
guide. I believe that Robert Grosskopf (regular Base user, bug reporter
- at least on the German mailing lists) is heading up that translation
effort, the aim, I think, is to post it to ODFAuthors once it is
finished. AFAIK, the database example that they will provide with their
Guide is completely different to the one proposed in the current English
guide.

Alex