On Wed, 2011-12-28 at 10:18 -0500, Gary Schnabl wrote:
> On 12/28/2011 9:54 AM, Dan Lewis wrote:
> > On Wed, 2011-12-28 at 07:59 -0500, Gary Schnabl wrote:
> >> Just what exactly is the folder path for shared templates supposed to
> >> be. My beta 2 of the version 3.5 implementation shows the following path
> >> via the LODev options, although no such physical folder exists in my
> >> system...
> >> C:\Program Files\LODev 3.5\program\..\share\template\common.
> >>
> >> However, there does exist this path in my system: C:\Program Files\LOdev
> >> 3.5\share\template\common.
> >>
> >> What gives???
> >> --
> >>
> >> Gary Schnabl
> >> Southwest Detroit, two miles NORTH! of Canada--Windsor, that is...
> >>
> >> Technical Editor forum<http://TechnicalEditor.LivernoisYard.com/phpBB3/>
> >>

> >       The shared templates for LO 3.4 and LO 3.5 Beta 2 are stored in two
> > different places. This may the basis for the confusion. The "basisx.x"
> > folder contained in the LO 3.4 path does not appear in the LOdev path.
> > The following paths are based upon the paths for the ...\template\common
> > folder that exist in my Linux OS in the LOdev and Libreoffice3.4
> > folders.
> >
> > LO Beta 2 path:
> >       C:\Program Files\LOdev 3.5\share\template\common
> > LO 3.4 path:
> >       C:\libreoffice3.4\basis3.4\share\template\common
> >
> > --Dan
>
> My "confusion" revolves about version 3.5 naming a nonexistent path--no
> such animal exists on my system. One would think that a real physical
> path would exist, unless the user is supposed to create two (or more)
> folders in order to comply with the path suggested via the Options.
>
> In any event, do you know which actual path the shared templates would
> use? Or is this yet another LO bug?
>
> I am in the process of writing a short How-to for a client about that
> and other areas--along with screenshots (which will have to be inserted
> later, it seems)... But I could leave some comments about a likely bug
> existing in the margins until the bugs get repaired.
>
> Gary
>
> --
>
> Gary Schnabl
> Southwest Detroit, two miles NORTH! of Canada--Windsor, that is...
>
> Technical Editor forum <http://TechnicalEditor.LivernoisYard.com/phpBB3/>

     It pays to do some experimenting. The path for LO Beta2 is as I
wrote above. Using administrator privileges, I can place a template in
the template/common folder as listed above and have it show up in the
templates the next time LO Beta 2 is started. Hint: it is how the
templates should be added to the common folder. Use Windows Explorer to
browse to the common folder. Look at its contents. New > Documents and
Templates opens the Documents and Templates dialog. Compare the contents
of the commons folder to the templates available in the dialog.

--Dan