From: Gary Schnabl <gschn...@swdetroit.com>
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] 3.5 crashing unless a Java JRE is
installed
To: documentation@global.libreoffice.org
Date: Wednesday, 14 March, 2012, 22:22

Unfortunately, starting a few days ago, v 3.5.0 kept systematically
crashing while performing basic tasks, requiring a lengthy irksome
restart, etc. each time.

The dialog box warning specified that a JRE was not present. Knowing
just where in the Options to check for the Java JRE (a relatively simple
no-brainer for most...), it was obvious that there was no JRE installed
automatically, as was the case for eons already.

Installing a JRE to effect Java1.7 stopped all such crashes since.

Gary