I can understand why is more flexible but not the simplistic/complex
thing.  I think that saying that something is a "simplistic tool" is a
good way to confuse people, especially those who has a little or zero
experience with databases.
I think is better to say something like  "This is the LibreOffice tool
for databases.  If you see that your needs can be satisfied with it,
please, look for a more sophisticated tool like this, or this"  and put
links below about our project and other common front-ends and databases.
Don't forget to include library's application, because they are a good
bunch people in need of databases and they're important!  :-))

Regards