Hello Richard

Not knowing which operating system you are using, then it is difficult to
advise.

Go to http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/installation/ and the instructions
for each major operating system are there.

I know if you are using Windows, you will get a warning message about the
security when you install LibreOffice. Just carry on installing. With Mac OS,
you will get a warning message when you first start LibreOffice after
installation. Again just carry on.

There is nothing wrong with LibreOffice as a developer. Sometimes it is other
more commercial companies that are a bit slow in recognising a good package of
office software.

Regards

Peter Schofield