Hi Robinson,

Le 2013-02-10 17:00, Robinson Tryon a écrit :

To ask a slightly different question: Is there any plan within LO to
remove hosted content or to further change urls for hosted content?

Thanks,
--R

This is a question that would be best put on the website mailing list. But I can well imagine that the answer re: hosted content being removed (or not) will be that this cannot be guaranteed. Content authors will often change their pages and as you can well expect, many have no idea of breaking links when others have linked to their pages, nor that changing their content may change the very nature of the link backs to their pages.

As far as changing URL's, there was recently a quick discussion on the website list regarding such related topic[1]. You may want to have a peek and ask your question there or add to that thread.

The reality of these two particular items is that we need experienced admins to keep watch over their own particular sites and try to keep them as clean as possible. But in the process, try to make the sites as accessible as possible to our authors and not try to impede their work. Sometimes, we may all need an occasional reminder to the different section leads to keep a watch out for this. But, there again, some sections on our site have changed leads several times over the last 2 years ... such is the nature of our community. Maybe after a little more contributor growth, the section lead(s) will become more stable.

Community-contributor growth has to be an important item on all of our minds. We need to promote the great opportunities that exist on our project and that contributing does not necessarily mean spending a "gazillion" amount of hours to do it. Some contribution may mean as little as spending 15 minutes a week on some of our sections. But people need to know this.

Anyway this particular topic should be really moved to the website mailing list for an answer from the website team (I'm also on the website team)

Cheers,

Marc
TDF member
Marketing Team Member