Hi Jean, hi Eduard

this answer is also send to Eduard ...

>> Right clicking on "more controls" I went to the "more controls" toolbar and I
>> discovered that the icon "table control" was not clicked in that toolbar !
>>
>> It happened both in 4.0 and 4.1 : is this a default value problem?

I have about 30 different versions of LO installed here. In no version
up from 3.3.0beta1 to 4.2.0alpha0 I could see, that the icon "table
control" is discovered. This isn't the default-behavior. But I don't
know, what has gone wrong with your version.
If there are more people, who miss this icon and have to do the same as
you, Eduard, it should be reported as a bug, because you couldn't create
a table-control in the GUI without this icon.

Regards

Robert