On Wednesday, January 08, 2014 01:01:09 PM Tom Davies wrote:
> Hi :)
> The guides are available in soft-cover from Lulu book-stores.
> Occasionally there is a code to get a reduction on the cover price but
> it's around £16/book anyway.  I got a couple of copies of the Getting
> Started Guide.  If you contact "Friends of OpenDocument" they might be
> able to get a reduction for active contributors or for specific
> purposes.  Jean or someone might be able to help you with contact
> details for them.
>
> Book sales help generate a small revenue for the community and i think
> that fund is managed by "Friends of OpenDocument".  My guess is that
> if the fund grows large enough then some might be donated directly to
> the TDF.  It's useful to have the funds available easily to cover the
> costs of getting the newer guides into the store and getting into
> other stores, without having to first raise a huge discussion in some
> other mailing list that might not be aware of the issues.
>
> Regards from
> Tom :)
>
> On 8 January 2014 01:08,  <wschuma...@aol.com> wrote:
> > wschuma...@aol.com
> > --
> > deleted

Jean,

Is it possible to get Amazon.com to stock hard/soft copy and Google Books to
stock soft copy (they already support PDF in addition to epub.) It would would
not be bad to see if Barnes and Noble as well as Kobo would also stock the
soft copy for their Ebook Readers as well. This would certainly assist with in
reaching new users particularly if they are provided for free and would
provide some great advertising as well.

I know Amazon and Google have programs to self publish but I have not actually
tried them out though.

Is anyone interested is publishing them in epub or mobi? I would like to learn
how to format and produce epub so if someone knows how and wants to lead this
then I am willing to port some chapters!

Tim