While working through the documentation I appear to have found a problem.

The following query works:
SELECT "ID", "Title", "Pub_Year" FROM "Media"
It returns 8 rows.
The following query fails
SELECT "ID", "Title", "Pub_Year" FROM "Media" LIMIT 5
The error complains about 5 being an unexpected token.

I created the query in both design and sql view and get the same result. I repeated with several tables and got the same result and problem.

I found that if I used sort on a field then no matter where I created the query (design or sql mode it worked)

The documentation implies that this is a problem from earlier versions of the data base, prior to 4.1. and also the limit could only be set in direct SQL mode. I can set the limit in both modes but as stated an order field condition is rquired.My version is the one from the ubuntu repository and claims to be version libreoffice-base 1:4.2.6.3-0ubuntu1. I presume this means it is 4.2.6.3 and therefore should not have the LIMIT limitation.

If I need to load a later version of the data base where do I get it from?

If this problem is a bug where do I report it?

Regards

Peter Goggin