The user guide chapters have a conditional section containing the copyright
and table of contents pages. These sections are hidden when the full book
is compiled using a master document.

When we produced the Getting Started Guide, I discovered a major problem
resulting from this combination of master document plus hidden sections. I
don’t recall what the problem was, just that it was serious. (I’ll look for
my note with details after I get home tomorrow.) I solved the problem by
manually post-processing the book to remove the hidden sections from the
file.

I mention this to remind everyone that compiling a book using a master doc
may be “automatic” but the result isn’t necessarily good.

Jean