Templates are .OTP files; extensions are .OXT files. With LibreOffice open, Tools > Options > LibreOffice > Paths. The right side of this page shows the paths to various parts of LibreOffice, Templates is one of them.

   Download the templates you want for Impress. Place them in the template folder that is listed in the path for this purpose. Restart LIbreOffice. They should show up in the Impress templates.

   Actually, you could create a folder for these templates. Place them in that folder. Left click Templates in the list of paths which should highlight this line. Click the button Edit in the bottom right. Click "Add" and browse to the folder you have created. Close and reopen LIbreOffice.

Dan