Howdy Jean,

On Mon, Jun 22, 2020 at 5:36 AM Jean Weber <jeanwe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Drew and others,

> You probably are not aware that IF anyone wants the print books to be
> available through Amazon and other retailers, several requirements must be
> met. These include:
> 1) The “author” (LibreOffice Documentation Team) must be given on the front
> cover as well as the copyright page.

The 'LbreOffice Documentation Team' as part of the logo on the page
has been mentioned a few times in this thread as a requirement, yes.

> 2) Enough space must be left at the bottom on the back cover for the ISBN
> block.
True

Also, the current 'covers' are sized for A4 and expected to be part of
a PDF file. You're right the layout didn't account for an ISBN block
per se.

Not to mention the other differences for a print job:
Page format changes (at least as I look to the books currently printed
there) to US Trade (smaller than A4)
Bleeding edges for full page graphics
Single cover file (front, spine, back)
ISBN block
etc

This is really, really, early for covers here I know  - none the less
- accounting for the printer's needs now wouldn't hurt - but it is too
soon to try and generate the actual printer cover file IMO.

I am not sure, but I believe that you have been stuck handling all
that conversion from what was good for the PDF file to what was needed
for a commercial printer, so please keep up the nudges on that.