I admit I have not read the User Guide from page 1 to end.    I only opened
it to obtain help in adjusting the line spacing within the text of a letter
I am trying to write.

I first sought to adjust the line spacing by means of  Format/Spacing.
 Nothing I tried worked.  I looked elsewhere in the toolbar but could not
find any other Spacing reference.   I turned to the User Guide but could
not find any assistance within it.   I feel quite frustrated.   Adjusting
the line spacing within a letter should be a very simple matter but your
Libreoffice Writer does not appear to make it simple.