Dear Dokter and all member dokter umum yang kami hormati,

Kebetulan ada posting tentang kangker payudara jadi sekalian saya mau
tanya soal ini.

Istri saya kan masih menyusui anak kami yang pertama, sekarang sudah 17
bulan usianya. Karena sakit, beberapa hari ini (sudah ada 6 hari) tidak
mau menyusui ASI. Karena setiap kali dia meminta ASI, setelah diberi
oleh istri justru anak menolak atau tidak mau. Begitu juga kalau sengaja
diberi oleh istri saya.

Karena anak kami tidak mau menyusui sama sekali, maka kami berpikir
untuk menstop ASInya sekalian alias kalau kata orang sunda bilang
`disapih'. Tapi kami beri susu kaleng.

Nah... sekarang problemnya dan yang mau saya tanyakan adalah... setelah
beberapa hari ini anak kami tidak mau minum ASI ibunya, maka payudara
istri saya kan bengkak. Dan istri merasakan sakit katanya, sebagai suami
saya juga tidak tega melihatnya. Karena setiap kali tersenggol terasa
sakit.

Yang saya takutkan, kalau sampai air susu ini tidak dikeluarkan akan
bisa mengakibatkan kangker payudara. Apa betul ini Dokter dan member
dokter umum semua? Soalnya kami awam soal hal ini. Tapi dari apa yang
dibilang oleh `orang-orang tua', itu tidak apa-apa wajar
katanya. Soalnya ASI terus berproduksi, jadi didiamkan saja jangan
dikeluarkan ASInya. Sebab kalau dikeluarkan akan begitu terus atau ASI
terus berproduksi dan tidak akan berhenti.

Bagaimana pendapat dokter dan semua member dokter umum yang terhormat?
Betulkah dengan mendiamkan ASI yang masih terus subur berproduksi tidak
akan menyebabkan kangker. Mungkin masukan dan pengalaman dari anda semua
bisa membantu saya. Terimakasih.

Hormat kami,

Chris dan Dimas

email : chris_boo_...@yahoo.com <mailto:chris_boo_...@yahoo.com>

--- In dokter_umum@yahoogroups.com, "bloodgroups09" <bloodgrou...@...>
wrote:

> Breast Cancer possible treatments
>
> IMPORTANT FACTS
>
> There are some simple facts that might help you understand what breast
cancer is and what the possible treatments are. Understanding them and
the other information in this booklet should help you face some of the
decisions that lie ahead in your treatment.

> First of all, remember that breast cancer is a treatable disease.
>
> There are four kinds of treatment. One or more of these may be used
for you depending upon what you need and want. The four ways of treating
breast cancer are:

> 1. Surgery (Removing the cancer with an operation.)
> 2. Radiation therapy (Killing the cancer cells with special x-rays.)
> 3. Chemotherapy (Killing the cancer cells with drugs.)
> 4. Hormone therapy (Stopping the cells from growing with hormone
> drugs.)
>
> Each of these four treatments is described in more detail later in
this document.

> Your doctor should tell you what kind of breast cancer you have and
the stage it is in (that is, if it has spread and, if so, how far it has
spread).

> Some breast cancer can be treated in several different ways, and you
may have a choice of treatments. If your doctor tells you that you do
have a choice, you should take time to decide which treatment you would
prefer.

> Unfortunately, some breast cancer can only be treated in one, specific
way, so not all persons have a choice of treatment. Before making any
decision or starting any treatment, you may wish to talk with each
doctor who may be giving you a particular type of treatment:

> A surgeon removes breast cancer with an operation.
>
> A radiation oncologist gives breast cancer patients special x-rays to
kill their cancer cells.

> A medical oncologist treats breast cancer patients, including
selecting the drugs that can be used to kill their cancer cells or stop
their cancer cells from growing.

> A plastic surgeon rebuilds the breasts after an operation.
>
> You have a right to get a second opinion from another doctor if you
wish.

> You also may wish to participate in a clinical trial of a new or
potentially improved treatment, and you should ask your doctor about
these options if you are interested.
> <http://www.onlinebreastcancerinfo.com/importantfacts.html>
>
> Effects of Treatment
>
> Because it is hard to limit the effects of cancer treatments so that
only cancer cells are destroyed, natural, healthy tissue also may be
affected by the treatments. That's why treatment often causes
significant and unpleasant side effects. The side effects you will
experience will depend upon the type of treatment used on your cancer
and upon the part of your body that is being treated.

> If your treatment involves the removal of your breast, you may feel
that your body is not balanced afterwards, especially if you have
relatively large breasts. After a mastectomy, some women choose to wear
a breast form, also called a prosthesis. Other women choose to have a
plastic surgeon reconstruct their breast. Each choice has its advantages
and disadvantages, and what is right for one woman may not be right for
another. It may be helpful to talk with a plastic surgeon before your
mastectomy is done, but remember: even if you decide not to have your
breast reconstructed now, reconstruction is still possible years after
the removal of your breast.

> If your treatment involves surgery, you may find that your skin in the
breast area feels tight and the muscles of your arm and shoulder feel
stiff after the operation. If your breast is removed, you may find that
your neck and back become uncomfortable afterwards.

> Your doctor, nurse, or physical therapist can recommend exercises to
help you regain movement and strength in your arm and shoulder and to
help reduce the pain and stiffness in your neck and back. Carefully
planned exercises should be started as soon as your surgeon says you are
ready, often within a day or so after surgery. The first exercises you
will do will be gentle and you will be able to do them in bed.
Gradually, your exercises will become more active, and regular exercise
should become a part of your normal activities.

> If you have a mastectomy and immediate breast reconstruction, your
exercise needs will be different than if you hadn't had the immediate
breast reconstruction. Your surgeon will explain the best exercise
approach for you.

> Because nerves are cut during surgery, you may have numbness and
tingling in your chest, under your arm, and in your shoulder and arm.
These problems usually go away within a few weeks, but some numbness may
be permanent. The numbness should not interfere with your normal daily
activities.

> If you have surgery that includes the removal of lymph nodes under
your arm, the flow of lymph fluid in that arm will be slowed. In some
women, this means that fluid builds up in the arm and hand and causes
swelling (lymphedema). This fluid build-up after surgery can be reduced
or prevented with exercises and by resting with your arm propped up on a
pillow so that your arm is raised above the level of your heart. If
lymphedema becomes a problem later on, you should tell your doctor, who
may suggest other solutions.

> The removal of lymph nodes also will mean that it will be harder for
your body to fight infection, so you will need to protect your arm or
hand on the treated side from injury for the rest of your life.

> If your treatment involves radiation therapy, you may become very
tired as treatment continues. Increased rest may be necessary. Skin
reactions in the breast area, such as redness or dryness, are common.
Skin care is important at this time. You should not use lotions or
creams on the skin without your radiation oncologist's advice. Following
radiation therapy, the appearance of your treated breast may be changed.

> If your treatment involves chemotherapy, the side effects you
experience will depend upon the drugs that you are given. In addition,
each person reacts to each drug differently.

> Chemotherapy affects rapidly growing cells, such as blood-forming
cells and those that line your digestive tract. As a result, you may
have side effects such as a lower resistance to infection, less energy,
a loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or mouth sores. You also
may lose your hair, both on your scalp and on the rest of your body.
Women taking chemotherapy often have the symptoms of menopause (hot
flashes, vaginal dryness, pain during intercourse, and irregular
periods). These side effects should only be temporary during treatment.
If they persist, your dose may need to be changed. However, in some
instances, chemotherapy may result in permanent sterility.

> Hormone therapy also can cause a number of side effects, depending
upon the specific drug. When treatment interferes with your body's
production or use of estrogen, you may have some of the symptoms of
menopause, such as hot flashes, interrupted periods, and vaginal
dryness. You also may experience a weight gain. Because the usual
hormones given after menopause to prevent hot flashes and osteoporosis
might help your breast cancer cells grow, if you have been diagnosed
with breast cancer you should not take replacement estrogen or
progesterone (hormone replacement therapy) without talking with an
oncologist.
> <http://www.onlinebreastcancerinfo.com/effectsoftreatment.html>
>
> DEFINITIONS OF MEDICAL TERMS USED IN THIS DOCUMENT
>
> Adjuvant therapy (AD-ju-vant THER-a-pee): Treatment given in addition
to the primary treatment.

> Areola (a-REE-o-la): The area of dark-colored skin around the nipple.
>
> Aspiration (as-per-AY-shun): Removing fluid or tissue from a lump with
a needle.

> Axilla (ak-SIL-a): The underarm.
>
> Axillary node dissection: Surgical removal of some of the lymph nodes
from under the arm.

> Benign tumor (bee-NINE): A growth that it is not cancer; it will not
spread to other parts of the body.

> Biopsy (BY-op-see): The removal of a sample of tissue so it can be
looked at under a microscope to see if cancer cells are present.

> An excisional biopsy is surgery that is done to remove an entire lump.
>
> An incisional biopsy is surgery that is done to remove part of the
tumor.

> A needle biopsy or aspiration is the removal of tissue or fluid with a
needle.

> Breast Reconstruction: A surgical operation in which a plastic surgeon
restores the form and appearance of a breast after it has been totally
or partially removed through a mastectomy.

> Cancer (CAN-sir): A term for more than 100 diseases that involve
uncontrolled, abnormal growth of cells. Cancer cells can spread through
the bloodstream and lymphatic system to other parts of the body.

> carcinoma (car-si-NO-ma): Cancer that begins in the lining or covering
tissues of an organ.

> Carcinoma in situ (car-si-NO-ma in SY-too): Cancer that involves only
the cells in which it began and has not spread to other tissues.

> Lobular carcinoma in situ is found in the lobules of the breast.
>
> Ductal carcinoma in situ (also called intraductal carcinoma) is found
in the ducts of the breast.

> Chemotherapy (kee-mo-THER-a-pee): Treatment with anti-cancer drugs.
>
> Clinical trial: Studies of cancer treatments. Each study is designed
to answer scientific questions and to find better ways to treat
patients.

> Cyst (sist): An abnormal sac within a tissue or organ, usually filled
with fluid.

> Duct: A tube in the breast through which milk passes from the lobes to
the nipple.

> Estrogen (ES-tro-jin): A female hormone.
>
> Hormone replacement therapy: Hormones sometimes taken after menopause
to relieve symptoms such as hot flashes and to prevent osteoporosis
(thinning of the bone).

> External radiation: Radiation therapy that uses a machine located
outside the body to aim high-energy rays at the cancer.

> Fibrocystic changes: Nodularity (lumpiness) of both breasts, often
accompanied by tenderness, that gradually increases with age until
menopause and which may increase and decrease with the beginning and end
of the monthly menstrual cycle.

> Gynecologist (guy-na-KOL-o-jist): A doctor who treats diseases of the
female reproductive organs.

> Hormones: Chemicals produced by certain glands in the body. Hormones
control the way certain cells or organs act.

> Hormone receptor tests.: Laboratory tests done on breast cancer tissue
that has been removed during surgery to determine whether the growth of
the cancer cells in that tissue is affected by the presence of estrogen
or progesterone.

> Hormone therapy: Cancer treatment that involves removing, blocking, or
adding hormones.

> Implant radiation: Radiation therapy that places materials that
contain radiation into the breast through thin plastic tubes.

> Lobe: A part of the breast; each breast contains 15 to 20 lobes,
arranged like the petals on a daisy.

> Lobule (LOB-yool): A subdivision of the lobes of the breast; each
lobule ends in dozens of tiny milk-producing bulbs.

> Local treatment: Radiation therapy or surgery that affects cells in
the tumor and the area close to it.

> Lumpectomy (lump-EK-to-mee): Surgery that removes the breast lump;
usually followed by radiation therapy.

> Lymph (limf) fluid: An almost colorless fluid that bathes body tissues
and carries cells that help fight infection.

> Lymph nodes: Small, bean-shaped organs located along the lymphatic
system. Lymph nodes (also called lymph glands) filter bacteria or cancer
cells that may travel through the lymphatic system. Lymph nodes are one
of the first places where breast cancer may spread. They are present in
the armpit.

> Lymphatic system (lim-FAT-ik): The tissues and organs (including the
bone marrow, spleen, thymus, and lymph nodes) that produce and store
cells that fight infection; also the channels that carry lymph fluid.

> Lymphedema (lim-fa-DEE-ma): Swelling of the hand or arm caused by
extra fluid that may collect in tissues when lymph nodes are removed or
blocked.

> Malignant (ma-LIG-nant): Cancerous. (See cancer.)
>
> Mammogram (MAM-o-gram): An x-ray of the breast. Usually, a woman has
two mammograms of each breast, one taken from the side and one from the
top.

> Mammography (mam-OG-ra-fee): The x-ray procedure of taking a mammogram
to detect breast tumors.

> Mastectomy (mass-TEK-to-mee): Surgery to remove the breast.
>
> Medical oncologist: A doctor whose specialty is treatment of cancer
with medications (chemotherapy).

> Menopause: The time of a woman's life when menstrual periods stop;
also called "change of life".

> Metastasis (me-TAS-ta-sis): The spread of cancer from one part of the
body to another. Cells in the metastatic tumor (the second tumor) are
generally like those in the original cancer.

> Modified radical mastectomy: Surgery to remove the breast, some of the
skin, and some underarm lymph nodes.

> Oncologist (on-KOL-o-jist): A doctor who specializes in treating
cancer.

> Palpation (pal-PAY-shun): A simple technique in which a health care
provider lightly presses with his/her hand(s) on the surface of the body
to feel the organs or tissue underneath.

> Pathologist (pah-THOL-o-jist): A doctor who identifies diseases by
studying cells and tissues under a microscope.

> Progesterone (pro-JES-ter-own): A female hormone.
>
> Prosthesis (pros-THEE-sis): An artificial breast used to replace the
appearance of one removed during surgery.

> External prosthesis: A breast form worn under clothing.
>
> Internal prosthesis: A breast form inserted under the skin in a
surgical procedure.

> Radiation oncologist: A doctor whose specialty is treating cancer with
radiation (radiation therapy).

> Radiation therapy (ray-dee-AY-shun THER-Apee): Treatment with
high-energy rays from x-rays or other sources to kill cancer cells.

> Scans: Imaging tests that allow physicians to visualize various parts
of the body to help them determine if cancer is present.

> Stage: The term used to describe how far the disease has spread within
the body.

> Staging: The process of learning whether cancer has spread from its
original site to another part of the body.

> Surgery: An operation.
>
> Systemic therapy (sis-TEM-ik THER-a-pee): Treatment that reaches and
affects cells all over the body.

> Tumor: An abnormal mass of tissue.
>
> Ultrasound (UL-tra-sound): A test that bounces sound waves off tissues
and converts the echoes into pictures. Tissues with different densities
reflect sound waves differently, making it possible to tell the
difference between a fluid-filled cyst and a solid mass.

> Xeroradiography (zee-ro-ray-dee-OG-ra-fee): A type of mammography that
records the picture of the breast on paper, rather than on film.

and in high doses to treat cancer.

> <http://www.onlinebreastcancerinfo.com/definitionsofmedicalterms.html>

Kirim email ke