On Wednesday 07 October 2009 21:58:36 Garth N. Wells wrote:
> The Python mixed-poisson demo is failing in parallel because the
> extraction of sub-functions via split() is making a deep copy, even
> though it should be a 'shallow' copy. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Yes I see now whats wrong... I thought that the assignment operator somewhat
kept the shallow copy.

I think we need to add the hack we had previously in DiscreteFunction to make
it work again. Should we add this in Function directly or should I try to
subclass Function and implement that particular constructor? I would prefer
the first.

Johan