Bugs item #1292675, was opened at 2005-09-16 10:31
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=116035&aid=1292675&group_id=16035

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hello,
I work now with xhtml files. These files contain
entities as for non-breacking-spaces as for some
national charackters (german 'umlauts').
If it was used XMLWriter with format, configured to
trim text ( 'setTrimText(true)' ), then after each
entity it is added a blank charackter.
So, solid words containing entities instead of true
national charackters become to be splitted, what is
_very_ bad for xhtml.

If format is initialized NOT to trim text (
'setTrimText(false)' ),
blank charackters are not inserted.

I do not really know if it is a bug or feature, but, it
is very anoying...

My profile: dom4j 1.6.1, x386, j2se 1.4.2_09, WinXP.

Also I attach an example, showing the problem.

Regards,
Yaroslav Sokolov.