Bugs item #1116471, was opened at 2005-02-04 13:06
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by nobody
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=116035&aid=1116471&group_id=16035

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I have a Junit test similar to the following:

public void test() {

      fiinal String XML = "<a><b>Water T &amp;
D-46816</b></a>";
      final String XPATH = "a/b/text()";
      final String EXPECTED_VALUE = "Water T & D-46816";

      XPath xpathObj = createXpathObject(XPATH );
      Document doc = createDocument(XML );
      Object node = xpathObj.selectSingleNode(doc);

        if (node instanceof Text) {
            result = ((Text) node).getText();
        }

        assertEquals(EXPECTED_VALUE, result));
}

which fails because getText() only returns: Water T

interrogating the node object returned from
selectSingleNode indicates that the expected result is
present as 3 seperate text elements in the content
(ArrayList) member variable

I can retrieve the value if I tweak the approach to use:

    final String XPATH = "a/b";

     if (node instanceof Element) {
            return  (String) ((Element) node).getData();
        }

If i dont have entity references then the first
approach always works. Therefore this seems to be a
bug, please correct me if i am wrong.

Comment By: Nobody/Anonymous (nobody)