Bugs item #1653037, was opened at 2007-02-06 08:25
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=116035&aid=1653037&group_id=16035

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hi,
I'm using this code to write my XML file (in Eclipse)

Write code:
-----------
OutputFormat outformat = new OutputFormat("\t", true, "UTF_8");
ByteArrayOutputStream oStream = new ByteArrayOutputStream();
XMLWriter writer = new XMLWriter(oStream, outformat);
writer.write(doc);

When I write a code created document (created from scratch) this code writes
the file OK. I have new lines after each element and it is OK.

The problem is when I read a file that was created with this format, and just
add to the read document a new element and saves it again using this code, the
old elements are appended with newline again, thus now they will have two new
lines. The new element that was added is ok. If I continue with this, I get a
lot of newlines in the old elements (as the times that this process occures).

I read the file with this code:
SAXReader xmlReader = new SAXReader();
Document doc = xmlReader.read(iStream);
iStream.close();