Bugs item #1847907, was opened at 2007-12-10 14:42
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=116035&aid=1847907&group_id=16035

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
The classes defined in org.dom4j.dom package do not fully implement their
parent superclasses and/or the interfaces they claim to implement.

I'm sure they do - but I've missed something in my build - please advise.

I've downloaded the dom4j source dom4j-1.6.1.zip extracted the contents and
imported into my project in Eclipse.

Into Eclipse I've imported all the code from: dom4j-1.6.1\src\java\org\dom4j

And into Eclipse I've imported all the .jar libraries from:
dom4j-1.6.1\lib

But I get 147 errors about 'must implement the abstract method' (see example
below)

If I use the pre-compile byte code version dom4j-1.6.1.jar this works with my
project. So I know that you can build successfully but I need to know what I've
missed.

Multiple markers at this line
        - The type DOMAttribute must implement the inherited abstract method
         Node.isDefaultNamespace(String)
        - The type DOMAttribute must implement the inherited abstract method
         Attr.getSchemaTypeInfo()
        - The serializable class DOMAttribute does not declare a static final
serialVersionUID field of
         type long
        - The type DOMAttribute must implement the inherited abstract method
         Node.getFeature(String, String)
        - The type DOMAttribute must implement the inherited abstract method
         Node.isEqualNode(Node)
        - The type DOMAttribute must implement the inherited abstract method
         Node.compareDocumentPosition(Node)
        - The type DOMAttribute must implement the inherited abstract method
         Node.getUserData(String)
        - The type DOMAttribute must implement the inherited abstract method
         Node.lookupPrefix(String)
        - The type DOMAttribute must implement the inherited abstract method
         Node.isSameNode(Node)
        - The type DOMAttribute must implement the inherited abstract method
Attr.isId()
        - The type DOMAttribute must implement the inherited abstract method
         Node.getTextContent()
        - The type DOMAttribute must implement the inherited abstract method
         Node.setUserData(String, Object, UserDataHandler)
        - The type DOMAttribute must implement the inherited abstract method
         Node.lookupNamespaceURI(String)
        - The type DOMAttribute must implement the inherited abstract method
         Node.setTextContent(String)
        - The type DOMAttribute must implement the inherited abstract method
Node.getBaseURI()