Hi there,

lots of time ago I was quite enthusiastic of helping to get Dom4J to
Java 5. Much to my shame I still didn't manage to get something done :(

There are already several Java 5 patches on Sourceforge:

In any case I would be very happy if anybody really found the time to
working on this. The original developers also seem interested since
shortly after I stepped forward saying I want to work on this, I
got provided with the necessary write access to the CVS.

So, I hope your priorities will not get in your way as mine always do.

Good luck!

Richard