Hi,

Using Dom4J 1.6.1 and Java 1.6.

I can't seem to be able to read an xi:include inside a war:

Here's a snippet:

SAXParser parser = factory.newSAXParser();
SAXReader reader = new SAXReader(parser.getXMLReader());
final InputStream inputStream =
getClass().getResourceAsStream(_filePath); <--- _filepath =
/master.xml
Document _doc = reader.read(inputStream);

inside the xml:

<xml....>
<somestuff>
<xi:include href="xml/a.xml" />

It's reading the xml, but when it tries to do the xi:include, I get this error:

org.dom4j.DocumentException: Error on line 39 of document  : An
'include' failed, and no 'fallback' element was found. Nested
exception: An 'include' failed, and no 'fallback' element was found.
   at org.dom4j.io.SAXReader.read(SAXReader.java:482)
   at org.dom4j.io.SAXReader.read(SAXReader.java:343)
   at me.somewhere.load(GameModel.java:423)
   at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:441)
   at
java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:98)
   at
java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:207)
   at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:885)
   at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:907)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Nested exception:
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: An 'include' failed, and no 'fallback'
element was found.
   at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Unknown
Source)
   at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalError(Unknown Source)
   at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
   at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
   at org.apache.xerces.xinclude.XIncludeHandler.reportError(Unknown Source)
   at org.apache.xerces.xinclude.XIncludeHandler.reportFatalError(Unknown
Source)
   at org.apache.xerces.xinclude.XIncludeHandler.reportFatalError(Unknown
Source)
   at org.apache.xerces.xinclude.XIncludeHandler.emptyElement(Unknown Source)
   at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown
Source)
   at
Source)

The WAR is structured like:

/
WEB-INF/classes/master.xml <------ the root xml with the xi:include
WEB-INF/classes/xml/a.xml <------ the file I'm trying to include

I've tried for the xi:include:

<xi:include href="/WEB-INF/classes/xml/a.xml" />
<xi:include href="./xml/a.xml" />

none seems to work

Anyone can help here please? It's stopping me deploying something.

Thanks in advance!

-=david=-