Hi,

I have a slight problem adding nodes to a document with DOM4J:

I need to select the parent node with a, XPath statement, and add nodes
to it.

But it seems that nodes I select are copies of the nodes, rather than
references to them.

In other words, if I use this line...:

    Node parentNode = document.selectSingleNode(xxxx)

...then I add to 'parentNode' like this...

    parentNode.add(some_new_node)

...then the original 'document' (from which I selected 'parentNode')
doesn't have the new node in it!

Is there any easy way to achieve this? Or am I going it about it the
wrong way altogether?

Thanks in advance!

John B.