Hello,
can you give us example of your source code? I think this should work
as you expect:

Namespace ns = documentFactory.createNamespace(null,
"http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom";);
Element el = documentFactory.createElement(QName.get("root", ns));
documentFactory.createDocument(el).asXML();

Filip Jirsák

2008/11/1 Alessio Camaroto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Hi I'm Alessio,
> I have a problem with XML Namespaces. I need to write an XML file with the
> follow namespace "xmlns=http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom"; but if I use the
> standard API's I obtain:
>
> - xmlns:xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom"; --> with prefix="xmlns" and
> suffix="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom"; values
>
> or
>
> - xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom"; and xmlns="" for each node child -->
> only suffix="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom"; value
>
> Is there a solution to my problem ? What's wrong ?
>
> Thanks a lot
>  Alessio

Filip Jirsák
[EMAIL PROTECTED]