Hi All,

I am using XPP3Reader to read in xml documents since it is obviously faster
than SAXReader. However it seems that it is throwing away all ampersand
sequences in the xml as demonstrated below:

String xml = "<root>&lt;</root>";

Document dom = new XPP3Reader().read(xml.toCharArray());
// this prints out an empty string which is incorrect
System.out.println(dom.getRootElement().getText());

dom = new SAXReader().read(new ByteArrayInputStream(xml.getBytes()));
// however if we read with SAXReader, the character '<' can be printed out.
System.out.println(dom.getRootElement().getText());

I am testing with dom4j 1.6.1 with the shipped XPP3 library (xpp3-1.1.3.3.jar)
in the download package.

Is this a bug of XPP3 bug? Or have I missed some obvious points here?

Thanks for your time.
Robin