Hi,

I just wanted to post a big thank you to all the people who contacted
me privately about my little addition to the  slack key guitar tunings
post's that a few of us have been talking about .
I've been on this list a couple of years now and this Slack Key subject
has come up of few times in the past and I think that's a good thing.
I'd like to see more technical music related posts and questions.

It seems we have a lot of "lurking" musicians out there who are like
me and don't post much unless something really moves us to say
something .
I'm mostly just a spectator in this club but it's nice to know there's
some fellow musicians out there in the club.
Don't be afraid to come forward every now and then.

Stop lurking in the shadows and post some musician related
things . I don't think the rest of the club would mind much.
It can't be any worse than the top ten posts that come up every
couple of months.

Let's talk about things like what guitars you remember Pat and Tommy
playing.What kind of basses did Tiran use during his doobie days?
What is Skylark using now? What drums do Mike and Keith use?

I know Pat Simmons was always known to play Gibson 335's all through
the 70's and switched over to Stratocaster style guitars sometime in the
80's .
I think Tommy was a big Gibson guy also before he switched to PRS guitars.
Maybe some of you other musicians can enlighten me on equipment the doobs
use and have used in the past . Maybe even some recording techniques?
What Doobie song did you learn to play first? Did a Doobie song inspire you
to take up an instrument ?
Come on you musicians out there help me out , even if you play as a hobby
lets hear from you . And post it to the list don't just send it to me just,
keep
it Doobie related and I think everyone will appreciate it.

Don't let me down now because if no one responds I'll have to go back
into hiding like the rest of you .

See ya,

Steve in PA