Last fall I had my first Bruce Springsteen concert experience--three-plus
hours of non-stop performance. I wish I was more of a fan of his to really
appreciate the experience.

Anyway, that led me to my dream concert experience of a three-plus-hour
Doobies jam, maybe with some of the band alumni taking part. There's
certainly enough material. And I'd be willing to shell out some big bucks
for such a Doobie-fest. If I remember right, the Farewell Tour was such an
experience even with an intermission. I also understand how it's not
practical to put on such a performance each and every night of a tour.

The problem that the band faces these days as a "retro act" is that it has
to provide a concert experience with appeal to a wide audience at an
affordable price as compared to other groups.

That's my two-cents worth.

--Thor