Diane,
Hope you have a blast on the beach!!!  Don't forget to post your review to us when you get home!!!  I'm in a Doobie Drought here on the east coast....but hope to catch them again this year!!!!  Enjoy!!!!!
Peace,
Nancy

Diane Stephen wrote:

Well, the anticipation is mounting!!!!  The weekend is almost here!!! My big gig at the Venetian Festival starts tomorrow (Friday) morning.  Friday's big act is Joe Diffie.  Don't know anything about him since don't listen to or like country.  The other act is Eric Burdon & the Animals.  (House of the Rising Sun, etc.) Saturday is Henry Lee Summer and Eddie Money on one stage, and Blessid Union of Souls on another.  Have heard of Blessid Union of Souls, but not familiar with their stuff. Then SUNDAY!!!!  The DOOBIE BROTHERS grace the Beach Stage on Silver Beach in good ol' St. Joseph, Michigan!!!!!!  I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!  I just know there is going to be one heckuva big crowd for this one.  And the setting is beautiful.  What could be better than blue skies, sandy beaches along a great lake in the background, smells wafting through the air of some awesome foods from the adjacent food tents, and the sounds of the DOOBIE BROTHERS blasting the big speakers.  Oh baby - sounds like heaven to me!!!!! If anyone on the list is heading in this direction and would like some pointers (re: parking etc), please feel free to contact me off list.  I will be doing my transportation thing starting at 8:00 AM on Friday, all day until probably about midnight; starting at 6:30 AM on Saturday - all day, etc.; but I will DEFINITELY check my messages in the morning before I leave, and at night when I get back!!! And I will also definitely post on Monday (or as soon as the great high wears off) to let you all know how it goes!!!! Diane (excited in St Joe)