        From:   Asheville Lions Eye Clinic [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
        Sent:   Monday, August 14, 2000 1:00 PM
        To:     Dorman, Gina (CPS)
        Cc:     Doobie Brothers
        Subject:        Re:  Where Would You Be Now?

        The Doobies have been such a MAJOR part of my life, I CANNOT even
begin to
        imagine where I would be without them! When your life has been
changed by
        the lyrics and music of ONE bands songs you just KNOW in your heart
that
        there is more to this band than just the music. I have not yet had
the
        pleasure to meet the band or to carry on a conversation with them or
their
        families, but the GOOD LORD willing, Helen and I will be on the way
        SARATOGA one week from today and maybe we will be so fortunate to
meet the
        fan club members, the band and possibly a family member or two.  We
have
        already met some wonderful people through this fan club and I am
truly
        THANKFUL to the Doobie Brothers for their web page and fan club. I
have not
        been a member of this club for very long but have been a fan for 27
years
        and as a fan we ALL have one common bond and that is OUR Doobie
Brothers.
        There is no doubt among any of us that we follow not only a band but
a group
        of fellows that are genuinely caring, giving,selfless people as
evidenced by
        the many charities that they support and the show that they provide
to the
        fans (90 minutes of CONSTANT rock 'n roll) so YES Gina, a definite
AMEN to
        all that you said and DITTO from Helen. We hope to see many of you
in
        SARATOGA, if not there, we'll meet one day, this band has survived
30 years!
        AMAZING!!!

        Ann & Helen