Here is a letter the Fan Club received from the Lucile Packard Children's
Hospital:

December 27, 2000

Dear Doobie Brothers Fan Club Members,

As usual, I was overwhelmed by the generosity of the Fan Club members.
Every box was filled with wonderul toys for children of all ages!  There was
something for every age group and each child's special wishes.

Holly, my staff person that accepted the gifts, was truly amazed by the
number of gifts.  I had "warned" her about the number of gifts but she still
couldn't believe how generous the members of the fan club are.

Santa had a great time handing out the gifts on Christmas Eve.  Every child
received a bag full of gifts that were so appreciated by the patients and
their families.

Thank you so much for holding this annual toy drive for our patients!  We
look forward to seeing you again next year!  Hope you all have a wonderful
New Year.

Sincerely,

Colette C. Case, Director
Child and Family Life Services