I agree, this fan club is like a family, each to their opionion and
direction.  One of the band's points that I like is the positiveness in
lyrics and direction  it shows by their support of their charities, we have a
choice to do the same if we want.  I personally hated the Vietnam war and
prayed every night to keep my twin brother from leaving Cherry Point NC and
not be involved even though he was a paratrooper and had been drafted while
the war raged.  I do what I want to help the band and other choices in my
life.  Each of us has choices and must choice every day we we must do.  This
FC is a part of our lives, the band is a part of our being, it is not the
whole encompassing self of anyone (granted I am looking forward to a Doobie
FIX myself!).  Enjoy what you want, read what you want, support what you want
and observe others doing the same.....we have that right and that gift and
thank God we are in a country that allows us the freedom to do it all!

Karen in California