Mick Jagger had one choreographed for him called "Rooster".  The Houston
ballet performed it. The American Ballet Theatre did one for Elvis.  The
jail house rock scene was wonderful.  And Michael Monarch from Steppenwolf
did his own dancing.  So why not a ballet about the Doobie Brothers?  Let's
see now....I see the curtain rise as a back-lit scrim with a train painted
on it.  A medley of LTR and Rockin Down the Highway plays as 5 male dancers
(4 with facial hair and long flowing tresses) cruise across the floor
effortlessly and do quintuple pirouettes.)  A corps de ballet (the
supporting dancers) of about 20 dancers would represent the fan club.  Then,
the curtain falls again and rises with the opening strains of China Grove.
Dream-like pink and purple Doobie fog hovers over the stage floor as the Tom
Johnston character does incredible jumps, spins and acrobatics.  Next, there
is a love scene with a beautiful long blonde-haired ballerina (playing Cris
Simmons) and the dancer playing Pat Simmons and they dance to Ordinary Man
and Sweet Feelin.  It is an Adagio which means "slow"...Stealing the Harley
idea from the movie, Center Stage, I decided it definitely needed to make a
second appearance in a ballet about the Doobies.  So, during the Dangerous
scene, they all ride out on their Harley's.  The Pat character is the
principal dancer and the star of the show as he leaps out into the audience,
legs fully extended and lands in a split.  The Jericho number features
barefoot dancers doing an Alvin Alley-like modern dance style.  The scenery
for this number is a back-drop painted with the Sibling Rivalry desert
scene.  The finale' and curtain call of course, would be LTTM.
The ballet company doing this would of course be none other than the San
Jose ballet.  Only one problem, I can't think of a title for it.  Can anyone
else?
Keep Rockin.
gcd