Okay, since we're being subjected to another round of "Survivor" on TV, and
in the interest of breaking out of the winter lull that the list has settled
into, I'm proposing to play a Doobie Brothers version of the popular show.

Our version will be much simpler. no one will be asked to eat any rats. And
we won't tolerate anyone sitting around naked. Here's how the game will
work:

Each week, list members will be asked to "vote off the list" one orignial
content Doobie Brothers album. After 11 weeks, we will have whittled the
list down to the fan club's most favored album. Since it would be pretty
easy to "like" the greatest hits or live albums, they've been eliminated
right off the bat. Only original content albums are in the running.

In the interests of building suspense, send your weekly replies directly to
me, not the list. Each Monday morning, I'll post which album has been voted
off and a new round of balloting will take place.

Knowing our devotion to all the band's music, this will likely become a very
difficult task. But it also should be a lot of fun.

Here is the list of week one's albums (randomly ordered) for consideration.
Which one will be the ultimate survivor?

• What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits
• Minute By Minute
• The Captain And Me
• Brotherhood