Title: RE: Dale related, not Doobie
Well, said. God rest his soul.

Torrey
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2001 1:32 PM
Subject: RE: Dale related, not Doobie

Having been turned off from racing since all the big money got in and, IMHO, ruining the sport I had developed no particular fondness for any of the racers of the day nor have I followed NASCAR much. I belong to the Junior Johnson/Cale Yarborough/Richard Petty days. Dale Earnhardt also belongs in that club. He was always in-it-to-win-it, not unlike our Brothers, and ya gotta respect and love that. I work with a lot of hard-core racing fans and things are pretty quiet around work today. The local stations are all running tributes of one type or another. Racing and what it has become aside, the power to touch people and give them something to get excited about is a rare and precious talent. Dale had that and even I, the old curmudgeon, will miss him.

I think Michael Waltrip said it best, "I believe that in the twinkling of an eye you are in the presence of the Lord and I believe that when I won, Dale and my Dad were there, with the Lord, looking down on me."

Al from Hillsborough, NC