I got a little bored and mad the other night and decided to contact the
RRHOF and bitch them out again for not having the worlds best
rock-n-roll band in their spot light.  This is the reply that I received
from Jozelle Richardson, Exec. Asst. to the CEO.  Her email address is
[EMAIL PROTECTED] in case anyone else wants to tag team them with
me.  Give 'em hell gang!  Glenn

Thanks for your comments,

There is no doubt that Rock and Roll would not be what it is without the
contribution of
the Doobie Brothers.  At the same time, you should realize that we receive
literally thousands of such recommendations, many of which are as worthy as
yours.

The entire nomination and induction process is coordinated by the Rock and
Roll Hall of Fame Foundation in New York City.  First, the selection of
inductees begins with an extensive panel of journalists, historians, etc.
In turn, those nominated are sent to approximately 1,000 rock experts who
vote.  Those receiving the highest number of votes and more than 50% of the
votes are inducted into the Hall.  Usually, this means five to seven new
members each year.

Having said this, people sometimes forget that Rock and Roll and its artists
are viewed in an incredibly subjective manner by any individual brought into
the circle of discussion.  As such, there is often widespread disagreement
or fracturing of opinion about who is or was a rock artist and what
importance did he or she have.  From my perspective, time will tell.  I
really think that all such deserving candidates will have their moment
eventually.

Sincerely,

Terry Stewart
President/CEO