DOOBS....

In February, 1997, The Doobies (Big Mike) posted a contest, which resulted in 31 lucky people seeing the Brothers in Laughlin, Nevada - the dates, April 25 and 26, 1997.  It also became the genesis of the Doobie Brothers Fan Club.

The original attendees at this first convention/meeting, many of whose names you will recognize, and some you won't, were:

Laurin Willis (nominated for President and elected), Sheri Dawn Rosile, Courtney Carlson, Laurie Scifres, Jay Scifres, Tim Isbell, Dale Dryden, Linda Dryden, David Eaton, Ryan Bjorn, Jeff Bjorn, Erin Fitzpatrick-Bjorn, Roger Cunningham, Linda Cunningham, Joe Sabb, Renata Sabb, Linda Guthertz-Sullivan, Lauretta Davis, Marla Rivera, Barbara Carlson, John Rollason (who made the Fan Club Banner), Ryan, Marti Rabon, Nick, Rick Santangelo, Dave Santangelo, Cliff Jones, Becky Jones, Ryan Smith and Ray Janssen.  Not to mention a few drop ins....and who would forget Shannon, our bartender?

Back then, the F/C printed some surveys as to Favorite Songs (from 11/96 - 2/97), gathered from 52 fans and 91 songs receiving at least one vote.  We also tackled Favorite Albums and Favorites not heard at concerts (recently).  If anyone would like copies of these, let me know, I'd be happy to post the results or mail them to you.

The Fan Club also set out some rather worthy goals, which over the years have been more than accomplished:  Fan Club Jacket, Fan Club Weekends/Conventions, Charities, Fan Club T-Shirts, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Campaign and the Box Set Campaign....no we haven't succeeded on everything, but have made great strides in all that has been done.  And, I would say, that where Charities and Fan Club Conventions are concerned, there has been total success.

Something else that came from that weekend were some incredible friendships and sense of appreciation for one another, that to this day, still exists for many of us.  We have kept in touch, we have become known to each others families......we have remained friends.

It is trully distressful to see what has been happening on the list lately.....like Rodney King once said "can't we all just get along?"

This Fan Club was formed out of the interests of a group of people who still love the same thing today - THE DOOBIE BROTHERS....let's not forget that, or what the F/C has stood for and should remain to stand for.

Now with all that said, and for those of you who took the time to read it, my thanks for 4 1/2 years of complete pleasure.....and, I look forward to the Reunion of the first ever Fan Club Weekend (hope I'm not speaking out of turn, Laurin), at the River Run, Laughlin, Nevada - April, 2002.

C ya

Doobster