I fell asleep with the TV on.  I don't remember what time it was but I was awakened in
the middle of the night to the strains of South City Midnight Lady.  It didn't sound
normal.  Sounded like a woman with a very irritating voice singing along with Pat
Simmons.  The voice sounded familiar but I could not put a face or name with it.
Still groggy, I tried to will my eyelids to open so I could see what was playing on
the TV screen.  As if through a curtain of water, I finally focused on the 2 images
singing the romantic duet.  Pat Simmons and MISS PIGGY?????  Ohmygosh!  It must be a
rerun of the Muppet Show!  Pat's hair was long and dark brown and his face looked to
be that of a 25-30 year old. The 70's again???? He sang, "I thought there was no
reason..."  Miss Piggy vollied back the next line in her smugly gutteral tone, "for
all these things I do."
"This is so cute!"  I thought in my head,lying half awake.  I had no idea the Doobies
were on the Muppets!  After a commercial break, John Hartman, Michael Mc, Skunk, Bobby
LaKind, Pat, and Tiran came out and jammed along with the Muppet Band doing Takin it
to the Streets.  The Doobies seemed to be waist-high in a sea of muppet characters
joining them on stage.  John Hartman placed his garrish, over-sized hat on Kermit's
head which covered everything but his webbed little feet.  Miss Piggy aggressively
swung punches at the little groupie muppets flanking Michael McDonald at his piano,
then swooned into his lap.  Pat Simmons laughed while several of the little muppets
attacked him, strummed his guitar and touseled his hair.  The Colonel and the Skunk
jammed, mirroring eachother.  It was awesome and so adorable.  Tiran couldn't stop
smiling at Fozzy Bear who was in awe of his bass playing.
I kept wondering, why haven't I seen this before?  How come no one else knows about
this?  Paralyzed by disbelief and sleepiness, I could not rise to the occassion and
punch the VCR record button.
What happen?  Once again, inquiring Doobs want to know.

GCD

Get 250 color business cards for FREE!