What do you know about The Doobie Brother and The Hell's Angels?

I recently saw portions of the VH1 "Behind The Music" episode on the Doobie
Brothers.  An association with the early band and the Hell's Angels
Motorcycle Club was mentioned.  The TV show reminded of my own "Doobie
Brothers-Angels" experience last summer when I was getting gas near the
Tennessee and Kentucky border (Land Between The Lakes for you locals).  I'm
finishing up at the pump when about 5 Nomads from the Hells Angels pull in
to gas up.  One of the 1%'ers had a beautiful custom Electra Glide with the
tunes blaring almost as loud as the V-Twin.  He had a mix tape that was
heavy on songs associated with "The Road" and driving - songs like Doobies
"Don't Stop To Watch The Wheels Go 'Round".  We talked bikes and where the
best place to watch the 4th of July fireworks would be.

Fast forward to this year and I was talking to biker at a swap meet about
the nostalgia we get over the "Behind the Music" show.  The Doobie's VH1
show had just aired and The Angels association with Tom Johnson and Pat
Simmons came up.  The biker I was talking with insisted that the
association went farther than just playing for the H.A.'s at local bars.
 He insisted that Tom & Pat were basically "members without a patch".  I
told him that even potential members get a "prospect" patch and he was
whacked.

So finally here is my question...  Are there members of the Hells Angels on
this list who could verify this biker's story as a yes or no?  Or does
anyone else know "the real deal" beyond what was related on VH1? Tom & Pat
- are you guys patch wearers - and what do you ride?

I wouldn't be surprised if the association is there.  It seems a perfect
match - a custom Harley and a Doobie's record - all you would need after
that would be gas and beer money!!

Thanks for any insight fellow fans.

Erik R. Fransen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                       "YOU ARE NOT FORGOTTEN"
POW* MIA         POW*MIA         POW*MIA        POW*MIA
            "BRING THEM HOME...OR SEND US BACK"
                       http://www.pow-miafamilies.org/