The pressure group is raising a petition:
http://www.defectivebydesign.org/ipad, because the new iPad is full of DRM
which basically stops users from doing anything with it except things that are
'approved' by Apple.

Personally, I might have bought one eventually, but not if I can't install
software on it that isn't rubber-stamped by Apple.  What if I wanted to write
my own App?  There are few computing devices these days, (except single-
function gadgets), that don't allow Apps to be installed by users.  I accept
that this probably won't bother the vast majority of users, but it bothers me.

Please consider signing.

                64 bit computing with Kubuntu Linux

--
Next meeting: Bournemouth, Wed 2010-02-03 20:00
http://dorset.lug.org.uk/     http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2645413