Hi Robert,

> I think me and Terry have spoken in the past about a time when DLUG
> ran  small events where people could get together and 'do something'.
> Such as  an install-athon.

Yes, back when installing Linux could be a chore, and we had Bournemouth
Uni access, folks used to take their hardware along to get problems
looked at.

> I also know the guys at BUNIX would be interested in partaking/running
> similar such events and have tried in the past. Could it be suggested
> that  the two groups merge-in-part on this basis. I know several of
> the BUNIX  group come along to the DLUG events when possible.

Sounds good.  I don't know if having it as "formal" as the normal BUNIX
meets would be a good idea though.  There you have three talks.  I'm
happy to listen to a talk but preparing one is probably more time and
effort than us non-BUNIXers can spare.  :-)  Perhaps folks just milling
around machines chatting and looking at whatever's of interest on them
or about them?  What do others think?

Then again, BUNIX meets are open to those that aren't Uni staff or
students?  So DLUGgers are free to gatecrash those?

Cheers,
Ralph.

--
Next meeting: Unknown