As the guy who started the thread, I have to say my first shot was an
upgrade from 9.10.
The main problem was that the Repositories didn't update the available
software for another day, so all the tests I was trying to run ended up
straight to limbo.
Nevertheless, as it is the LTS, I clean installed the netbook(which I
had wrecked on upgrade), and upgraded my main box.
I now say that 10.04 is an excellent system which will probably keep on
getting better as the available software libraries go through a few more
catch-up iterations.
And it works well with the SimplyMEPIS 8.5 I put on my spare box today.
Networking is a charm, and Ubuntu is light years ahead of Fedora 13 and
SLED 10 imo.
Simono

--
Next meeting: C4L and Bournemouth, Wednesday 2010-06-02 19:00
http://dorset.lug.org.uk/     http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2645413