Hi Andrew,

> Any tips appreciated. my monitor is not recognised my Ubuntu.

The command

    sudo ddcprobe

from the xresprobe package will show information from your card and your
monitor.  The monitor is the `EDID' output.  Depending on the cabling to
your monitor, it may not be available.  (It isn't with my setup, I've
five BNC cables going to my monitor, RGB, Hsync, Vsync, so there's no
I²C data connection.)

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extended_display_identification_data

I suspect it won't work for you else you wouldn't be here asking, but
you did say any tips and its output may be interesting.

Cheers,
Ralph.

--
Next meeting: Blandford Forum, Tuesday 2010-07-06 20:00
http://dorset.lug.org.uk/     http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2645413