Hi Peter,

> Thanks for the tip, the disk is nearly full with 0% available for dev.
> I shall have to upgrade my hardware. In the meantime is there a way of
> getting back to 9.10?

No, but you may find that if you clear some space and then do some
package action, e.g.

    sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

that the upgrade to 10.04 will continue.

It does try to make sure there's sufficient space before starting, so
it's not good it has run out.  One of the log files for the upgrade
records how much disc space it observed versus what it thought was
required.  Try looking in

    /var/log/dist-upgrade/main.log

for "Free space".  You should find lines around there to do with it.
You may want to report a bug that the upgrade failed.

Cheers,
Ralph.

--
Next meeting: Blandford Forum, Tuesday 2010-07-06 20:00
http://dorset.lug.org.uk/     http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2645413