On 23/06/10 17:29, d-...@hadrian-way.co.uk wrote:
> I'll definitely think about an upgrade to UNR.

As I recall UNR was a non-starter for EeePC 700 - slow to the point of
being unusable, possibly on account of it being optimised for other
hardware (Intel Atom?), or simply due to the lack of resources on the EeePC.

In the end I went for PupEee:

http://puppylinux.org/wikka/EeePC

One thing I would say there though is that, depending upon who this is
for, Puppy/PupEee isn't an ideal beginner distro from an admin perspective.

Sean

--
music, film, comics, books, rants and drivel:

www.funkygibbins.me.uk

--
Next meeting: Blandford Forum, Tuesday 2010-07-06 20:00
http://dorset.lug.org.uk/     http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2645413