On Sat, 2010-10-09 at 09:41 +0100, Tim wrote:
> Can anybody tell me if HP use standard SoDimm memory (Laptop type) or a
> propriatory format for there printers??
>
> Tim
>
> --
Can we have more information? I have this morning bought an HP 1660 from
Argos for £34 - for my wife as the Epson D78 died. Nice little Deskjet
printer, but no idea if it has a memory 'strip' in it. (Don't ask about
the price of ink - the Epson was about £3/cartridge- HP is £12 for the
black and £17 for the tricolour from printerowners.co.uk)

I also use an ancient HP Laserjet 5M workhorse, which probably dates
from before SoDIMM's.

Not going to take either apart while they are working.

Peter

--
Next meeting:  Crown Hotel, Blandford Forum, Tuesday 2010-11-02 20:00