On 16/10/10 09:51, Simon O'Riordan wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-10-16 at 09:44 +0100, Peter Merchant wrote:
>> Simono, I was just wondering. Has it caught any intrusions yet?
>>
>> Peter
> I did a full scan, and it found about 50 test files deliberately left
> there by Ubuntu to test Clam.
> Nothing 'hot' though, nothing at all.

Where are you using it Simon?

I was under the impression that its primary use was on mail servers for
scanning attachments, rather than on workstations. I guess if you share
files with other people you might want to ensure that you are not a
conduit for infected files, but other than that I wonder if it's worth
the overhead of running a scanner on a Linux desktop machine.

Sean

--
music, film, comics, books, rants and drivel:

www.funkygibbins.me.uk

--
Next meeting:  Crown Hotel, Blandford Forum, Tuesday 2010-11-02 20:00