On 05/11/2010 21:53, StarLion wrote:
> I'm guessing by the looks of the members list, I'm the only one living
> down this way.
You have electricity down there now?
> I'm not entirely new to Linux, having first found it when I tried
> Fedora 10 just after its release and then got lost in the live
> environment. The then-current Ubuntu saved me from just giving up as
> so many have done before.
Sounds common, I stuck with RH/Fedora through 2,3,4,5,6 and then gave up
when
Ubuntu installed better on my servers.
> I've broken systems more than once with my incessant experimenting
> (like it's a rather bad idea to remove bash...), but on the other hand
> through experimenting I've learned more than I ever have by just
> reading the (don't)readmes, man pages and so on.
I reckon that will strike a cord with many on this list ;-)
> I don't like Mono, but tolerate it on my system
Yeah, I prefer stereo myself :-)
> About the only other real preferance on my systems is in desktops.
I mix and match as there is always something on one that "does it
better".  For servers
I keep it lightweight with xfce if a GUI at all.
> Well, I reckon I've probably rambled on long enough. Nice to meet you
> all, hope I can contribute something in the future!
Welcome dude and thanks for the distraction from writing this damn
report tonight.

Si

--
Next meeting:  Crown Hotel, Blandford Forum, Tuesday 2010-11-02 20:00