On Wed, 2010-11-10 at 16:04 +0000, Brian Masterman wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I don't know what anyone has said up to now about network analysis, but
> I have only just discovered 'etherape' and just needed to rave about it.
> I used to write network analysis tools for X25 when I worked for Plessey
> and always planned to write something like this but never got round to it.
>
> Brian Masterman
>
> --
As was mentioned, Wireshark was/is a tremendous tool and all the better
for being free. I could never have afforded enough copies of a tool for
a student lab. One of the tools that we had was $25,000 in the full
version!

Wireshark also does a display like that shown for Etherape.

So -  I take it you were writing Network analysis tools for X.25 at
Plessey while I was working on the network management software for the
2500 Packet switch range?   Didn't we have an Atlantic Research box or a
Tektronix box that also did that?

Peter M.

--
Next meeting:  Somewhere quiet, Bournemouth, ???day 2010-12-?? 20:00