On Saturday 04 Dec 2010, Robert Bronsdon wrote:
> Sadly I fear if anyone were to release the true story behind all of this.
> They'd be publicly branded a terrorist
> <http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/11/30/yes-wikileaks-terrorist-organiza
> tion-time-act/> a rapist
> <http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/11/30/rape-charges-land-assange-interpol
> -list/>

As I said; Fox News.

> and it would be publicly encouraged to assassinate them
> <http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/dec/2/assassinate-assange/>

>From the article:

'His release of more than 250,000 U.S. diplomatic cables, many of them
containing classified information, is a major blow to our foreign policy.'

Assange couldn't have got his hands on those cables if concerned citizens
within the US administration hadn't passed them on to him.  Do they intend to
put out a 'dead-or-alive' reward for half their administration?

Most of what I've seen is more a danger to the credibility of a bungling
government than a danger to US foreign policy.  That is already totally in
dissarray; most of the world knows that the US government are a bunch of
amateurs.  They always have been and they show no signs of improvement.  As
long as their senators and representatives obtain office through big bribes
(sorry sponsorship) by corporate America it will remain that way.

> Sadly I feel we are entering an age where, if the "powers-that-be" do not
> want you to know the truth. You're safer to just believe what your told.

I think that Assange has been sailing a bit close to the wind and sometimes
his leaks would have been better left unsaid, but he won't deserve anything
that happens to him as a result.  The Swedish rape case is a joke; the two
girls tweeted about their conquest' after it happened and then subsequently
turned on him.  ATM his crime appears to amount to 'having sex without a
condom' !!!!!!  I wonder how the Swedes ever manage to increase their
population?

I think he will 'meet with an accident' and one day the truth of that accident
will come out.  It probably won't happen anytime soon, but it might.  Some
crazy Yank, like the idiot who swam out to Aung San Suu Kyi's home in Burma
will 'assassinate' him, because the Washington Post said someone should.

                64 bit computing with Kubuntu Linux

--
Next meeting:  The Broadway, Bournemouth, Tuesday 2010-12-14 20:00