Hi,

Things have moved on with the discovery that unlike other bigger Live CDs, Tiny
Core unmounts the CD after booting.  This means that all we have to do is to
write our additional files to the disc alongside the normal files produced by
the TinyCore tools.  We can then mount the disc again from the running system
and read off all our files.

There is only one problem.  I can stick a CD in the hole and open it using any
decent burning program, such as k3b or Brasero on Linux or Nero or Roxio on
Winblows.  I can then add my files and burn a new image.  What I don't know is
how to copy the boot sector of the original image.  If I copy the CD in its
entirety, that comes as part of the deal.  If I build a new image as described
above, all I get is a data CD.

Does anyone know how this is done?

Next meeting:  The Broadway, Bournemouth, Tuesday 2010-12-14 20:00