Hi Keith

On 26/02/11 16:37, Keith Edmunds wrote:
On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 09:23:47 +0000, t...@ls83.eclipse.co.uk said:

It's a pity this upgrade broke a pretty standard driver.

Fair comment, but Debian do document this in the release notes. I would
urge anyone upgrading to Squeeze to read the release notes (yeah, I know).

I'd never consider upgrading without following the release notes, but having read through them again I still can't see this mentioned - out of interest where is it?

I'm not knocking Debian - the reason I like it is the slow release cycle and emphasis on robustness. I use it on four boxes, and always start with the least important one first and work up from there. In practice, every upgrade takes me months to get everything back to where it was, even with Debian. There was discussion a few months back on Arch Linux - rolling release did seem like quite a good idea. At least with that you reduce the chance of having dozens of things all broke at once after a dist upgrade.

Cheers

Tim

--
Next meeting:  Blandford Forum, Wednesday 2011-03-02 20:00

Next meeting:  Blandford Forum, Wednesday 2011-03-02 20:00